The new Infrastructure Planning and Design Guide for OpsMgr 2007 R2 has been released.
If you’ve never checked it out, I strongly encourage you to – especially if you have a new install coming up. The IPD guide walks you through all aspects of the planning and design of an OpsMgr network. After you’ve gone through it you’ll know how to:
- Define the scope of the project
- Identify necessary management packs and product connectors
- Determine how monitoring will be implemented
- Determine the number of management groups and agent security strategy
- Design and place the OpsMgr server roles and databases
- Design the notification system
- And much much more!
These guides are pretty invaluable, especially if you’re not an expert in the technology.
So what are you waiting for? Download it now – and when you’re done, check out the rest of the design guides, too!
Note: The version number is still 1.0 and the published date remains June 2008 – I sent a note off to ask them to increment that.